The castle of Bagnac was built in the 14th century but was destroyed during the religious wars. Stone Bagnac was born here in 1330, later he became a cardinal in Rome.
The corner tower is actually the only part that has been preserved. Antony Marquis and Marquise de Saint-Martin Bagnac started the reconstruction of the neo-Gothic castle around 1858 and lasted 25 years. After 1875, the Marquis and his wife left the castle.
Foto's © Truus Nijland augustus 2016